- Fragment of yellowed woven wool fabric with a ribbed selvedge along one edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Uneven weft predominant plain weave.
- Localized dirt and plant material. Thinned wefts leave exposed warps in places.
- Border Type
- Selvedge Details
- Weft makes 2 or 3 extra passes around selvedge warps.
- Selvedge Width
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
- Ribbed 2(3,3)
Yarn Number 12754.WA.01 12754.WE.01 Color Dyes Identified off white/lightly yellowed (465) off white/lightly yellowed (465) Count 10 24 Fiber Content wool wool Function warp weft Spin Direction s s Twist Level high low Yarn Structure single single