- Fragment of yellowed woven wool fabric with a 0.8 cm green/blue weft band near one end. There are a few loose yellow picks between the band and the edge of the fragment. There is a ribbed selvedge along one edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Weft predominant plain weave.
- Dirty and very worn. There are large edge tears and large areas of damaged or missing wefts that leave exposed warps. There are many loose warp yarns at the edges. Small amount of edge fraying.
- Border Type
- Selvedge Details
- Weft makes extra passes around selvedge warps.
- Selvedge Width
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
- Ribbed 2(4,4)
Yarn Number 12655.WA.01 12655.WE.01 12655.WE.02 Color Dyes Identified off white/yellowed (OITHL) off white/yellowed (OITHL) dark green/blue (546) Count 10 22 28 (based on one 0.5 cm count) Fiber Content wool wool wool Function warp weft weft Spin Direction s s s Twist Level high low varies, med - low Yarn Structure single single single