- Fragment of woven natural colored fabric with a selvedge along one edge and a border along the adjacent edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Balanced plain weave.
- Border Details
- To finish the weaving, three or four warp yarns are grouped together and tied with a yarn similar to the ground weave to form a fringe. The warp ends are worn away beyond the tying point and the fabric appears to be finished in a series of small knotted beads.
- Dirty and worn. There are a few small interior holes and edge tears. There are several small gaps in the border. The corner where the selvedge and border would have met is not present. There is some edge fraying.
- Border Type
- Warp ends tied in groups for a fringe.
- Border Width
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
- Plain, warp density increases
Yarn Number 12650.WA.01 12650.WE.01 Color Dyes Identified pale beige (OISH) pale beige (OISH) Count 7 4 Fiber Content flax flax Function warp weft Spin Direction s s Twist Level low med Yarn Structure single single