- Fragment of woven undyed linen fabric with remnants of a border and two picks, 2 cm and 2.8 cm from the border edge, that each have four weft yarns.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Balanced plain weave.
- Border Details
- To finish the weaving, five or six warp yarns are grouped together and tied with a yarn similar to the ground weave, to form a fringe. The warp ends are mainly very worn, the longest extends 1.8 cm beyond the woven fabric.
- Somewhat dirty, with very small amount of encrusted mud. There is one very small interior hole. The border is very worn, with only a few knots intact.
- Border Type
- Warp ends tied in groups for a fringe.
- Border Width
- 18 - (longest fringe yarn)
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 12646.WA.01 12646.WE.01 Color Dyes Identified pale beige (OISH) pale beige (OISH) Count 16 10 Fiber Content flax flax Function warp weft Spin Direction s s Twist Level varies, med - low low Yarn Structure single single