- Fragment of yellowed woven wool fabric with a 0.6 cm wide blue/black weft band 5 cm from one edge. Countered weft-twining rows are 1 cm and 1.1 cm on either side of the blue/black band. The twining loops pass over three warps each. There are a few brown stitches along one edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Varies from weft-faced to weft predominant plain weave.
- There are a few brown running stitches along one edge. The stitches measure from 0.2 cm to 0.8 cm long.
- Somewhat dirty, very worn. There are several areas of damaged wefts that leave exposed warps. Edges are frayed. Some luster is still visible in the wool.
- Border Type
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 12466.WA.01 12466.WE.01 12466.WE.02 12466.WE.03 12466.YN.01 Color Dyes Identified off white/lightly yellowed (465) off white/lightly yellowed (465) blue/black (BLK6) off white/lightly yellowed (465) light medium brown (USZO) Count 8 24 28 (based on one 0.5 cm count) Fiber Content wool wool wool wool wool Function warp weft weft weft - twining sewing Spin Direction s s s sssZ ssZ Twist Level high varies, med - low low high med Yarn Structure single single single 3-ply 2-ply