- Two small pieces of yellowed woven wool fabric sewn together at right angles to each other. There is also a small piece of similar fabric (2.5 cm x 4 cm) which is not attached.
- needs re-numbering?
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Varies from weft-predominant to weft-faced plain weave.
- One fragment was folded over at one edge and sewn to the other piece with warps at right angles. The overcast stitches encircle the fold. These stitches are from 0.3 cm to 0.4 cm long. A parallel row of running stitches attaches the other side. These stitches are from 0.2 cm to 0.3 cm long.
- Somewhat dirty and very worn. Missing wefts, exposed warps. Some edge fraying. Part of the folded fragment has begun to felt.
- Border Type
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 10443.WA.01 10443.WA.02 10443.WA.03 10443.WE.01 10443.WE.02 10443.WE.03 10443.YN.01 Color Dyes Identified off white/lightly yellowed (465) off white/lightly yellowed (465) off white/lightly yellowed (465) off white/yellowed (OITHL) off white/yellowed (OITHL) off white/yellowed (OITHL) off white/yellowed (OITHL) Count 9 7 8 38 40 44 Fiber Content wool wool wool wool wool wool wool Function warp - folded fragment warp - other attached fragment warp - unattached fragment weft - folded fragment weft - other attached fragment weft - unattached fragment sewing Spin Direction s s s s s s s Twist Level varies, med - high med med low low low med Yarn Structure single single single single single single single, used doubled