- Fragment of woven wool fabric with yellow warp and yellow, light brown, dark brown and medium brown wefts. The piece is so fragmented that measurement is difficult. There are several coarse stitches near one edge.
- Accession Number
- view the related artifact record
- Fabric Structure Simple
- Varies from balanced plain weave to weft-predominant with occasional paired warps.
- Several coarse overhand stitches occur near one end. These stitches measure from 0.6 cm to 1 cm long.
- Dirty and very worn. Several pieces are attached by only a few yarns. Much weft damage and exposed warps.
- Border Type
- Photo Side 1
- Selvedge Type
Yarn Number 10437.WA.01 10437.WE.01 10437.WE.02 10437.WE.03 10437.WE.04 10437.YN.01 Color Dyes Identified off white/deeply yellowed (OITH) off white/deeply yellowed light brown/gold (463) medium brown/orange (469) dark brown (BLK5) off white/deeply yellowed (OITH) Count 7 16 20 too few for accurate count too few for accurate count Fiber Content wool wool wool wool wool wool Function warp weft weft weft weft sewing Spin Direction s s s s s s Twist Level varies, med - high low low low med varies, med - high Yarn Structure single single single single single single, used doubled