- Scientific Name
- Russula compacta
- Common Name
- Firm Russula
- nat. size
Collection Event Data
- Hollis Webster
- Collection Location
- Georgetown, Maine. Low ground in woods, edge of thicket.
- Collection Date
- Aug. 14, 1910
- Specimen not kept. Spores 7-8 microns long, globose to subglobose
- Louis C. C. Krieger
- These images are the property of the Regents of the University of Michigan. To inquire about copyright restrictions and use permissions, contact the Herbarium curator Timothy James, email@example.com.
- General Information
- The content of these records were transcribed from the original handwritten information, and although every attempt was made to do so accurately, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the transcription or the accuracy of the original information.
- Common names were obtained from the following sources:
- Miller, Orson K. and David F. Farr. An index of the common fungi of North America, synonymy and common names. Vaduz [Liechtenstein]: J. Cramer, 1975. 206 p.
- Lincoff, Gary. The National Audubon Society field guide to North American mushrooms. New York: Knopf: Distributed by Random House, c1998. 926 p.
- Smith, Alexander H. The mushroom hunter's field guide. Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan Press, c1980. 316 p.
365 images/descriptions are openly available.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4800 x 5681
- University of Michigan Herbarium, Krieger's Watercolors of Fungi