Table of Contents
- List of Illustrationspage ix
- Acknowledgmentspage xii
- 1 Introducing Africa and Its Historypage 3
- 2 Africa before the Agricultural Age, 16,000-9000 BCEpage 26
- 3 Culture and Technology in Africa, 9000-3500 BCEpage 59
- 4 Diverging Paths of History: Africa, 3500-1000 BCEpage 107
- 5 An Age of Commerce, an Age of Iron: Africa, l000 BCE to 300 CEpage 159
- 6 Southern, Central, and Eastern Africa: The Middle Centuries, 300-1450page 238
- 7 Northeastern, West, and North Africa: The Middle Centuries, 300-1450page 290
- 8 The Early Atlantic Age, 1450-1640page 349
- 9 Africa in the Era of the Atlantic Slave Trade, 1640-1800page 407
- Indexpage 463
|Title||The civilizations of Africa : a history to 1800 / Christopher Ehret.|
|Extent||600dpi TIFF G4 page images|
|E-Distribution Information||MPublishing, University of Michigan Library
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Permission must be received for any subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The civilizations of Africa : a history to 1800 / Christopher Ehret.
Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 2002.
|Subject Headings||• Africa -- Civilization
|Note||Electronic access restricted; authentication may be required
Header created via MARC-to-XML-to-TEI transformation on 2014-08-24
This electronic text file was created by Optical Character Recognition (OCR). No corrections have been made to the OCR-ed text and no editing has been done to the content of the original document. Encoding has been done through automated and manual processes using the recommendations for Level 2 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines. Digital page images are linked to the text file.