Table of Contents
- Prefacepage vii
- List of Mapspage x
- Abbreviationspage xi
- Introductionpage xiii
- I. The Gold Coast at the Beginning of the Seventeenth Centurypage 1
- II. Trading on the Gold Coastpage 21
- III. African-European Relationspage 48
- IV. Europeans and Local Politicspage 73
- V. The Rise of the New Classpage 96
- VI. The Merchant Princes-John Kabes and John Konnypage 115
- VII. European Trade and African Politicspage 144
- Select Bibliographypage 191
- Indexpage 203
- PSQ: 87.3 (Sep. 1972): 500-502
- BSOAS: 35.1 (1972): 187-188
- EHR: 87.343 (Apr. 1972): 409-410
- EHR: 87. 342 (Jan. 1972): 187-188
- AHR: 76.3 (Jun. 1971): 813-814
- AFHS: 4.3 (1971): 720-724
- JAFH: 12.2 (1971): 330-331
|Title||Trade and politics on the Gold Coast, 1600-1720 : a study of the African reaction to European trade / by Kwame Yeboa Daaku.|
|Author||Daaku, K. Y. (Kwame Yeboah)|
|Extent||600dpi TIFF G4 page images|
|E-Distribution Information||MPublishing, University of Michigan Library
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Permission must be received for any subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Trade and politics on the Gold Coast, 1600-1720 : a study of the African reaction to European trade / by Kwame Yeboa Daaku.
Daaku, K. Y. (Kwame Yeboah)
Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1970.
|Subject Headings||• Ghana -- Commerce -- Europe
• Europe -- Commerce -- Ghana
• Ghana -- History -- To 1957
• Ghana -- History -- Danish Settlements, 1659-1850
|Notes||"Based on the author's thesis Trade and politics on the Gold Coast, 1640-1720, University of London."
Electronic access restricted; authentication may be required
Header created via MARC-to-XML-to-TEI transformation on 2014-12-22
This electronic text file was created by Optical Character Recognition (OCR). No corrections have been made to the OCR-ed text and no editing has been done to the content of the original document. Encoding has been done through automated and manual processes using the recommendations for Level 2 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines. Digital page images are linked to the text file.