Table of Contents
- Frontmatterpage N/A
- List of mapspage xi
- Acknowledgementspage xiii
- Abbreviationspage xv
- Introductionpage 1
- 1: The diplomats, the formation of the eastern alliance system and arms limitation, 1918-1935page 5
- 2: The military, the Rhineland and the eastern alliances, 1918-1936page 48
- Entr'acte: Paris, June 1936page 93
- 3: Blum and the quandaries of external economic policy: the Schacht voyagepage 108
- 4: Blum and the military: the Franco-Polish arms negotiations of 1936page 146
- 5: Blum and the diplomats: the Franco-etite Entente negotiations of 1936page 188
- 6: Blum and the diplomats: the Franco-Petite Entente negotiations, Ipage 230
- 7: The great eastern crises, 1938-1939, and the fall of Francepage 280
- Summary and epilogue: Leon Blum and Czechoslovakia in 1938page 307
- Bibliographypage 324
- Indexpage 340
|Title||The popular front and Central Europe : the dilemmas of French impotence, 1918-1940 / Nicole Jordan.|
|Extent||600dpi TIFF G4 page images|
|E-Distribution Information||MPublishing, University of Michigan Library
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Permission must be received for any subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The popular front and Central Europe : the dilemmas of French impotence, 1918-1940 / Nicole Jordan.
Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
|Subject Headings||• Blum, Léon, -- 1872-1950 -- Influence
• Front populaire
• World War, 1939-1945 -- Causes
• France -- Foreign relations -- 1914-1940
• Europe -- Politics and government -- 1918-1945
|Note||Electronic access restricted; authentication may be required
Header created via MARC-to-XML-to-TEI transformation on 2014-12-22
This electronic text file was created by Optical Character Recognition (OCR). No corrections have been made to the OCR-ed text and no editing has been done to the content of the original document. Encoding has been done through automated and manual processes using the recommendations for Level 2 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines. Digital page images are linked to the text file.