Nathaniel Perry drill book 1751
Collection Scope and Content Note
Show all series level scope and content notes
The Nathaniel Perry drill book (4" x 6.5", 25 pages) contains 17 pages of instructions for several military drills performed by the Massachusetts Militia in the 1750s and 8 pages of an unknown author's exercises in writing letters of the alphabet.
- "Eight Entire Several Doublings with their Reducements"
- "Eight Several Countermarches with their Reducements"
- "Eight Entire Doublings by Wheeling with there [ sic ] Reducement"
- "Ten Several Wheelings with their Reducement"
- "Of Ranks Wheeling to the Midst of files"
- "Twelve Several Countermarches with there [ sic ] Reducements"
- "The following Exercise is to be Performed with four files Six deep"
- "Thirty Several words of Command of Inversion and Conversion"