Dixon family papers 1833-1875 (bulk 1862-1865, 1873-1875)
Additional Descriptive Data
- Page 1: Sailor with sail and anchor
- Page 3: USS Falmouth under sail
- Page 14: Guadalupe Island
- Page 22: Cannon, anchor, and ship, seen from a port
- Page 31: Sailor nailing up the flag
- Page 33: Wreath, flag, and sword
- Page 37: Sailor taking a sounding
- Page 49: Massafuera Island and Juan Fernandez Island
- Page 65: Fernando Novonha
- Page 68: View of boat and ship from rocky shore
- Page 69: Logo of Porpoise
- Page 11: "view in Port Praslin"
- Page 13: Side-on view of Hoapinsu, Pinnacle Island, Ti-a-usu
- Page 15: Cape Tosa, Sitkokf Island
- Page 69: Comparison of Sanspareil with a Roman galley
- loose page: Portrait of "The Great Commander"
- loose page: "The Sanspareil steams head to wind and sea"
- loose page: Execution of a naval move, showing two ships
- loose page: "a patent 'quick working,' 'time saving' steam sextant, invented for the Commander by a talented Engineer of the Sanspareil "
Dwight, Benjamin W. The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass. Albany, New York: Joel Munsell, 1871.