Standing Rock Indian Agency papers
1876-1906 (bulk 1877)
The Standing Rock Agency was located on the west bank of the Missouri River near Fort Yates, Dakota Territory. From its establishment in 1869 to 1874, the agency was called the Grand River Agency. In 1874 the agency was changed to Standing Rock, which served the Upper and Lower Yanktonai, Cutheads, Hunkpapa, and Blackfeet.