Additional Descriptive Data
- An engraved knife and a pearl knife handle (blade engraved L.P. to J.N.T.)
- Two watercolor drawings:
- "From the Grand Battery--Château Cape Diamond"
Fort Mackinac Hospital 
The following item is located in the Clements Library Map Division:
Swett, S. Sketch of Bunker Hill Battle. 1827.
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, and Peter Anthony Motteux. The History of the Renowned Don Quixote De La Mancha. London: [s.n.], 1705.
- Tate, Nahum. The Psalms of David, with the Ten Commandments, Creed, Lord's Prayer, &c. In Metre.: Also, the Catechism, Confession of Faith, Liturgy, &c. Translated From the Dutch. For the Use of the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the City of New-York. New-York: Printed by James Parker, at the new printing-office in Beaver-street, 1767.
- Smith, Minnie Louise. Elementary Latin. Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1920.
- Sylveira, Antonio da. Discordia Concors, Seu, Sacrae Scripturae Antilogiae. Ulyssipone Occidentali [Lisbon]: Apud Emmanuelem Fernandes A'Costa, sancti officii typographum, 1738.
- Thompson, Alexander R. Hymnal. New York. 187-.
- Thompson, Alexander R. On the Way. New York. 1895.
Union Prayer Meeting Hymns. Philadelphia: American Sunday-School Union, 1865.
- Watts, Isaac. Hymns And Spiritual Songs: In Three Books.... London: Printed for W. Strahan, J.F. and C. Rivington, J. Buckland, G. Keith, T. Longman, T. Field, and C. Dilly, 1782.
- Webster, Daniel, and Andrew Jackson George. Webster's First Bunker Hill Oration, 1825: With Preface, Introduction, And Notes. Boston: D.C. Heath & Co., 1902, 1895.
- Young, Edward. The Complaint, or, Night Thoughts. Philadelphia: Griffith & Simon, 1845.
The Duane Norman Diedrich collection contains a letter of Alexander Thompson's wife Mary Nexsen Thompson to Cassandra Smith (July 7, 1822)
The following volume contains transcriptions and historical background on many of the items in this collection:
Zimmermann, Linda, and Richard F Ricca. Forging a Nation. New York: Eagle Press, 1996.