John Calef memorials and petitions 1766-1782
Additional Descriptive Data
- John Calef's first wife was Margaret Rogers of Ipswich. They had two children:
- Margaret (b. 1748)
- Mary (b. 1750).
- Calef's second wife was Dorothy Jewett of Rowley, Massachusetts. They married in 1753 and had fifteen children:
- John (b. 1753)
- Jedidiah (b. 1755)
- Elizabeth (b. 1757)
- Daughter, still-born (b. 1759)
- Robert (b. 1760), Dorothy (b. 1762)
- Sarah (b. 1764), Susanna (b.1766)
- Son, still-born (1768)
- Mehitable (b. 1768)
- Martha (b. 1770)
- Samuel (b. 1772)
- Daughter, still-born, (b. 1775)
- Daughter, still-born, (b. 1776)
- Jedidiah Jewett (b. 1778)
The Farley family papers contain an Ipswich deed transfer witnessed and signed by John Calef [July 23, 1774].
Calef, John.The Siege of Penobscot by the Rebels… London: G. Kearsley, .
Condon, Ann Gorman. John Caleff Biography . Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online.