Thomas Gage papers 1754-1807 (bulk 1759-1775)
- Series I: English Series
- Series II: American Series
- Subseries I: Correspondence and Enclosures
- Subseries II: Indian Congresses and Treaties
- Subseries III: Journals and Reports
- Subseries IV: Proclamations and Documents
- Subseries V: Broadsides
- Subseries VI: Newspapers and Clippings
- Subseries VII: Pay List of British Army Officers
- Series III: Letter Books and Account Books
- Series IV: Warrants
- Series V: Maps
The English and American series contain correspondence and administrative documents and are ordered chronologically. Indian Treaties and Congresses, Journals and Reports, and Proclamations and Documents are ordered at the end of the American Series. Enclosed letters are filed after the letter with which they were delivered.
Original Order: The collection was originally stored in 12 chests and organized into bundles of letters that were grouped by geography and by author and recipient. Each item was assigned a number. In 1943, with funding from the Michigan Daughters of the American Revolution, the bulk of the collection was divided into English and American series, ordered chronologically, and bound. One of the original chests is in the Clements Library.