Church of the Covenant collection 1863-1870
Church of the Covenant collection
Church of the Covenant (New York, N.Y.)
0.25 linear feet
The Church of the Covenant collection contains monthly letters composed by Christian missionaries working for the American Sunday-School Union in Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tennessee, during and just after the Civil War. Most of the letters are addressed to the Church of the Covenant Sabbath School in New York City. The missionaries, who described their work establishing and maintaining Sunday schools throughout the South, focused on educating children and freed slaves and occasionally mentioned the effects of the Civil War.
The material is in English
William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan
909 S. University Ave.
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
Web Site: www.clements.umich.edu