Additional Descriptive Data
- Additional background notes and information about the bound volumes and French spoliation documents
- Partial inventories
- Index of names, seagoing vessels, and (to a lesser extent) subjects mentioned in William Pote's daybook and account book (1788-1844), as well as letters copied within
- Family trees and genealogical information for the Pote family and allied families
- Copied secondary source materials and research about the Pote family
The following volume, written by William Pote's grandfather, is located in the Clements Library's Book Division:
Pote, William, and John Fletcher Hurst. The Journal of Captain William Pote, Jr., During His Captivity in the French and Indian War from May, 1745, to August, 1747. New York: Dodd, Mead & co., 1896.
- Increase Pote account book, 1772-1835
- Samuel Pote letter book, 1752-1800
Goold, William, "A Visit to Albany to See Ann Lee." Portland in the Past. (Portland, Maine: B. Thurston & Company, 1886), 330.