Additional Descriptive Data
An inventory of the collection and brief additional information about contributors is available in the Manuscripts Division.
The cartes-de-visite are housed in the Graphics Division (C.3.17).
Additional Charles Deane manuscripts may be found in the Book Collectors collection and the Peter Force papers.
- Francis Jewett Parker to Charles Deane, February 12, 1876. In: Parker, Francis Jewett. Colonel William Prescott: the Commander in the Battle of Bunker's Hill. Honor to Whom Honor is Due... Boston: A. Williams & co.
- Charles Deane ANS, February 22, 1876. In: Deane, Charles. Records of the Council for New England: Reprinted From the Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society, for April, 1867. Cambridge: J. Wilson & son, 1867.
- Charles Deane to Henry Martyn Dexter, February 12, . In: Dexter, Henry Martyn. The Congregationalism of the Last Three Hundred Years, as Seen in Its Literature: With Special References to Certain Recondite, Neglected, or Disputed Passages. In Twelve Lectures, Delivered on the Southworth Foundation in the Theological Seminary at Andover, Mass., 1876-1879. With a Bibliographical Appendix. New York: Harper & brothers, 1880.
- Charles Deane to Samuel L. M. Barlow, March 16, 1886. In: Deane, Charles. John and Sebastian Cabot. Cambridge, Mass., 1886.
- Appleton, John. Catalogue of the Library of the Massachusetts Historical Society... Boston: Printed for the Society, 1859-1860.
- Belknap, Jeremy, and Charles Deane. Journal of a Tour to the White Mountains in July, 1784. Boston: Massachusetts Historical Society, 1876.
- Bradford, William, and Charles Deane. History of Plymouth Plantation. Boston: Little, Brown and company, 1856.
- Deane, Charles. A Bibliographical Essay on Governor Hutchinson's Historical Publications. Boston: Priv. print., 1857.
- Deane, Charles. The Cabot Legends. Ottawa: J. Durie & son [etc.], 1897.
- Deane, Charles. Catalogue of the Valuable Private Library of the Late Charles Deane: Comprising a Fine Collection of Rare Americana Including Early Voyages and Discoveries...To Be Sold by Auction March...1898...[by] C.F. Libbie & Co.... [Boston: Libbie Show Print, 1898.
- Deane, Charles. Memoir of George Livermore: Prepared Agreeably to a Resolution of the Massachusetts Historical Society... Cambridge: J. Wilson & son, 1869.
- Deane, Charles. Remarks on Hubbard's Map of New England. Cambridge, [Mass.]: J. Wilson and Son, 1888.
- Deane, Charles. Remarks on Sebastian Cabot's Mappemonde. Cambridge [Mass.]: Press of J. Wilson & son, 1867.
- Deane, Charles. Some Notices of Samuel Gorton: Chiefly Derived From Early Manuscripts... Boston: Coolidge & Wiley, 1850.
- Deane, Charles. Spurious Reprints of Early Books. Boston: [Cambridge, University press], 1865.
- Hakluyt, Richard, and Leonard Woods. A Discourse Concerning Western Planting. Cambridge: Press of J. Wilson and son, 1877.
- Smith, John, and Charles Deane. The Last Will and Testament of Captain John Smith: With Some Additional Memoranda Relating to Him... Cambridge [Mass.]: Press of J. Wilson and son, 1867.
- Smith, John, and Charles Deane. A True Relation of Virginia. Boston: Wiggin and Lunt, 1866.
Crompton, Samuel Willard. "Deane, Charles." American National Biography Online. Oxford University Press, 2000. DOI: 14-00137.