Dr. O. N. Bradbury, a native of Norway, Maine., graduated from the Maine Medical School at Bowdoin College in 1864. Having lived previously in East Machias, Maine, Bradbury worked in the fruit trade in San Francisco, Calif., from 1855-1860, before returning to Maine to settle in Springfield. From June, 1864, to December, 1865, he worked as assistant surgeon at the hospital in Augusta and was then placed in charge of the Cony Hospital until July, 1866, when it was closed. Bradbury was also involved in state politics, having represented Springfield in the Maine legislature, and he served two terms in the state Senate from Penobscot County. He left Springfield in 1873, to return to Norway, where he remained until his death in 1897. After the Civil War, Bradbury developed an interest in veterans' affairs, serving for 13 years as examining surgeon for invalid pensioners.