William L. Clements Library
University of Michigan
Finding aid for
Henrietta Walker Autograph Album, 1900-1902, 1945, 1964
Duane Norman Diedrich CollectionFinding aid created by
Meg Hixon, August 2011
Henrietta Walker autograph album
Walker, Henrietta, d. 1982
1900-1902, 1945, 1964
The Henrietta Walker autograph album contains 48 autographed cards signed by presidents, politicians, and other famous people in the early 20th century. The collection also includes a Christmas card sent to Walker by Colonel F. W. Marshall, and a letter to Walker from Barry Goldwater.
The material is in English
William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan
909 S. University Ave.
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1190
Web Site: www.clements.umich.edu
Access and Use
The collection is open for research.
Copyright status is unknown
Cataloging funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC). This collection has been processed according to minimal processing procedures and may be revised, expanded, or updated in the future.
Henrietta Walker Autograph Album, Duane Norman Diedrich Collection, William L. Clements Library, The University of Michigan
The autographs are arranged alphabetically.
Henrietta Walker of Lyons, New York, was a collector of historical artifacts. She died in 1982.
Collection Scope and Content Note
The Henrietta Walker autograph album contains 48 autographed cards signed by presidents, politicians, and other famous people in the early 20th century. Of note are cards signed by Helen Keller and by William McKinley, the latter on a card from the "Executive Mansion, Washington." The collection also includes a Christmas card sent to Walker by Colonel F. W. Marshall (1945) and a letter to Walker from Barry Goldwater (July 27, 1964). Autographs were written on cards measuring approximately 4"x2". The cards are dated and many contain notes on the location where the autograph was acquired.
- Celebrities--United States.
- Politicians--United States.
- Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998.
- Marshall, F. W.
Additional Descriptive Data
- Aldrich, Thomas Bailey, 1836-1907
- Alger, R. A. (Russell Alexander), 1836-1907
- Angell, James Burrill, 1829-1916
- Anthony, Susan B. (Susan Brownell), 1820-1906
- Bliss, A. T. (Aaron Thomas), 1837-1906
- Clark, Charles E. (Charles Edgar), 1843-1922
- Cleveland, Frances Folsom, 1864-1947
- Cleveland, Grover, 1837-1908
- Dewey, George, 1837-1917
- Field, Henry M. (Henry Martyn), 1822-1907
- Frémont, Jessie Benton, 1824-1902
- Fuller, Melville Weston, 1833-1910
- Garfield, Lucretia Rudolph, 1832-1918
- Grant, Frederick Dent, 1850-1912
- Hale, Edward Everett, 1822-1909
- Harrison, Benjamin, 1833-1901
- Howard, O. O. (Oliver Otis), 1830-1909
- Howe, Julia Ward, 1819-1910
- Keller, Helen, 1880-1968
- Lembrich, Marcella
- Lincoln, Robert Todd, 1843-1926
- Luce, Cyrus G.
- Mansfield, Richard, 1857-1907
- Marion, G.
- Martin, Francis
- McKinley, William, 1843-1901
- Miles, Nelson Appleton, 1839-1925
- Modjeska, Helena, 1840-1909
- Palmer, Thomas Witherell, 1830-1913
- Pingree, Hazen S., 1840-1901
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
- Saint-Gaudens, Augustus, 1848-1907
- Sampson, William Thomas, 1840-1902
- Schley, Winfield Scott, 1839-1911
- Shafter, William Rufus, 1835-1906
- Sigsbee, Charles D. (Charles Dwight), 1845-1923
- Spofford, Ainsworth Rand, 1825-1908
- Stedman, Edmund Clarence, 1833-1908
- Tesla, Nikola, 1856-1943
- Twain, Mark, 1835-1910
- Wallace, Lew, 1827-1905
- Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915
- Wheeler, Joseph, 1836-1906
Upton, Emory. Infantry Tactics, Double and Single Rank: Adapted to American Topography and Improved Firearms. rev. ed. New York: D. Appleton, 1880.