Additional Descriptive Data
- The Great Britain Army papers contains a letter from James Hay to Brisbane; Canterbury. February 12, 1812.
- The James Douglass papers contain a letter from Edward Marjoribanks to Brisbane (Strand, London, June 22, 1839) and a facsimile of a genealogical chart of Brisbane's ancestors going back to the 13th century. Douglas was related through marriage to Helen Brisbane, Sir Thomas Makdougall Brisbane's sister.
- The George Clinton papers contain many documents related to Cadwallader Colden.
- Thomas Makdougall Brisbane papers, 1702-1870, Mitchell Library, Rare Books and Manuscripts Department, Glasgow.
- Thomas Makdougall Brisbane papers, 1820-1850, Royal Astronomical Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London.
- Thomas Makdougall Brisbane papers, c.1812-1858, National Library of Australia. Manuscripts section, Canberra, Act 2600.
- Thomas Makdougall Brisbane letters, 1825-1830, Public Library of New South Wales. Dixon Library, Sydney, NSW 2000.
Sweetman, John and Anita McConnell, “Brisbane, Sir Thomas Makdougall, baronet (1773--1860)", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography , Oxford University Press, 2004. [http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/3448, accessed 1 Sept 2009]