Additional Descriptive Data
- The Henry Clinton papers: Henry Knox et. al. to William Greene
- The Nicholas Fish papers: Between Henry Knox and Nicholas Fish (7 items, 1785-1786)
- The Nathanael Greene papers: Between Henry Knox and Nathanael Greene (8 items, 1780-1784), from Henry Knox to Catherine Greene (4 items 1787-1790)
- The Josiah Harmar papers: To and from Henry Knox (174 items, 1784-1793)
- The James McHenry papers: Between Henry Knox and James McHenry (August 5, 1798, March 28, 1800, and April 19, 1800), Henry Knox to Clarke (May 18, 1793), and between Henry Knox and Anthony Wayne (9 letters 1792-1794)
- The Schoff Revolutionary War collection: Anthony Wayne to Henry Knox (December 25, 1789)
- The William Petty, 1st Marquis of Lansdowne, 2nd Earl of Shelburne papers: Andrew Elliot's description of a conversation with Knox (Volume 68, October 9, 1782)
- The John Graves Simcoe papers: Henry Knox to Joseph Brant (June 27, 1792 and enclosure) and draft letter to Knox (1792)
- The George Washington collection: George Washington to major generals William Heath and Henry Knox (September 23, 1782)
- The Washingtoniana collection: Henry Knox to Thomas Smith (January 10, 1792)
- The Anthony Wayne papers: To and from Henry Knox (30 items, 1790-1795)
- The Abraham Whipple papers: Henry Knox to James B. Germain (December 22, 1783)
The Benjamin Bussey collection contains two letters from Lucy Knox to Benjamin Bussey (December 26, 1813 and January 20, 1822)
- Edwin, David, and Charles Willson Peale. General Knox. 18--.
- Phillibrown, Thomas, and Alonzo Chappel. Major General Henry Knox: From the Original Picture In the Possession of the Publishers. New York: Johnson, Fry & Co., 1857.
- Prud'homme, John Francis Eugene, and James Herring. Maj. Gen. Henry Knox: From the Original Picture by Stuart In Faneuil Hall, Boston. New York, 1834.
- Smith, Henry Wright, and Edward Savage. Knox. 18--.
- Whitechurch, Robert. Maj. Gen. Henry Knox. New York: G.P. Putnam & Co., 18--.
- St. Clair, Arthur. The Causes of the Existing Hostilities between the United States and Certain Tribes of Indians North-west of the Ohio: Stated and Explained from Official and Authentic Documents, and Published in Obedience to the Orders of the President of the United States. Philadelphia: Printed by D.C. Claypoole, 1792.
- Knox, Henry. The Committee, Directed to Report on Such of the Ports and Harbors of the United States, as Require to be Put in a State of Defence, With an Estimate of the Expense Thereof, Report as Their Opinion: That the Following Ports and Harbors Ought to Be Put in a State of Defence, to Wit... [Philadelphia: Printed by Francis Childs and John Swaine, 1794.
Ward, Harry M. "Knox, Henry." American National Biography. Oxford University Press, 2000.