1925, 2001, and undated
The first archival evidence of the Instructional Materials Center is found in the Daily Times-News. The center was first established in January, 1971 within Rowe Hall under the direction of John Bergeson. The purpose of the center was to provide access to Central Michigan University (CMU) education students to new instructional materials and was divided into sections for display, demonstration and reference work. The center provides Pre K-12 manipulative materials, kits, games, puppets, charts, maps, models, and other resources used in educational settings. The Statement of Library Principles expresses that “It is the mission of the CMU Kromer Instructional Materials Center to support the teaching, research, and service missions of the University through the provision of appropriate resources and services. As part of its collection development program, the Instructional Materials Center encourages the participation of its users, particularly faculty, in the selection of materials.” (This information is from the collection and Overview, CMU website at http://www.cmich.edu/ehs/x25354.xml, accessed February 9, 2001).