Central Michigan University. Athletics Department Baseball Score Books,
Baseball has been played at Central Michigan University (CMU) since 1896. Athletics or physical education, in various forms, has always existed at CMU. The current Athletic Dept. was previously known as Physiology and Physical Training Dept. (1910-1918) and the Physical Education Dept. (1918-present). The first gym, Central Hall, was built in 1908, followed by Finch Fieldhouse (1951), Rose Arena (1973), and the Student Activities Center (1991), with an addition added (1998-1999).