- Title marc245
- Chart of Isle Royal including north west coast of Lake Superior / projected and drawn from trigonometrical surveys executed under the direction of Brt. Brig. Genl. W.F. Raynolds ... in 1867, 1868 and 1869, and Major C.B. Comstock ... in 1870 and 1871.
- Main Entry - Corporate Name marc110
- U.S. Lake Survey.
- Added Entry - Personal Name marc700
- Raynolds, W. F. (William Franklin), 1820-1894.
- Comstock, C. B. (Cyrus Ballou), 1831-1910.
- Molitor, E.
- Dougal, William H., 1822-1895.
- Published marc260
- [Washington, D.C.] : Corps of Engineers, War Dept., 
- Description marc300
- 1 map ; 71 x 109 cm.
- Note marc500
- Relief shown by hachures; depths shown by contours and soundings.
- "Aids to navigation corrected to November 1, 1886."
- "Reduction for engraving by Edw. Molitor." "Engraved by W.H. Dougal."
- At head of title: Survey of the northern and north western lakes made in obedience to acts of Congress and orders from the headquarters of the Corps of Engineers, War Department.
- Includes "sailing directions," "harbors and anchorages," "magnetic declinations," "water table," and notes.
- Insets: Chart of Todd's Harbor -- Chart of part of Rock Harbor -- Chart of Washington and Grace Harbors.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term marc650
- Nautical charts Superior, Lake.
- Nautical charts Michigan Isle Royale.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Isle Royale (Mich.) Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale 1:120,000 (W 89°41'00"--W 87°58'00"/N 48°32'00"--N 47°47'00")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 120000 W0894100 W0875800 N0483200 N0474700
1061 images/descriptions are openly available.
This map is in the public domain. Please attribute access and use of this digitized map to the Stephen S. Clark Library, University of Michigan Library.
- Add to Portfolio