- Title marc245
- Geological map of Keweenaw Point, Lake Superior, Michigan / by J. W. Foster & J. D. Whitney ; S. W. Hill and W. Schlatter, assistants.
- Main Entry - Personal Name marc100
- Foster, J. W. (John Wells), 1815-1873.
- Added Entry - Personal Name marc700
- Whitney, J. D. (Josiah Dwight), 1819-1896.
- Hill, S. W. (Samuel Worth), 1815-1889.
- Schlatter, Wm. (William)
- Added Entry - Corporate Name marc710
- P.S. Duval & Co.
- Published marc260
- Philadelphia : P. S. Duval's Steam Press, 
- Description marc300
- 1 map : hand col. ; 28 x 56 cm.
- Note marc500
- Relief shown by spot heights and hachures; depths shown by soundings.
- Shows mineral lands, mines, and furnaces.
- Appears in: Jackson, Charles T. Report of the geological and mineralogical survey of the mineral lands of the United States in the state of Michigan. Washington, 1849. between p. 624 and 625.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term marc650
- Geology Michigan Keweenaw Peninsula Maps.
- Copper mines and mining Michigan Keweenaw Peninsula Maps.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Keweenaw Peninsula (Mich.) Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale [ca. 1:172,000] (W 88°47'08"--W 87°34'27"/N 47°31'04"--N 47°06'26")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 172000 W0884708 W0873427 N0473104 N0470626
1320 images/descriptions are openly available.
This map is in the public domain. Please attribute access and use of this digitized map to the Stephen S. Clark Library, University of Michigan Library.
- Add to Portfolio