Law School (University of Michigan) records: 1852-2010
Albert B. Cleage Jr. papers [microform]
Cleage, Albert B.
11 linear feet (on 19 microfilm rolls)
Detroit, Michigan clergyman, pastor at St. Mark's Presbyterian Church, which later became Central Congregational Church. In the 1960s, Cleage and his congregation began restructuring the church's rituals, programs, and theology to conform to the Black Christian Nationalist philosophy. In 1970, the church was renamed the Shrine of the Black Madonna. The collection contains correspondence, sermons, and writings of Albert B. Cleage, Jr. (his name would later be changed to Jaramogi Abebe Agyeman); records of the shrine of the Black Madonna; papers of individuals within the church who assisted Cleage; and records of the National Office of the Shrine.
07107 mf 544c – mf 562c
The material is in English
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.Finding aid prepared by: Bentley Library Staff
Ann Arbor, MI
Home Page: http://www.bentley.umich.edu/