UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Waterman Gymnasium, after expansion. Includes demolition, 1977. no. 315
E.W. Arnold, architect. Built 1894. Funded by a challenge grant of $20,000.00 by Joshua W. Waterman of Detroit with contributions from others, including students, and funding from the Regents. Addition completed in 1916. Demolished in 1977 to make room for the expansion of the adjacent Chemistry Building.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Literature, Science and the Arts Building. no. 227
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Harley, Ellington & Day, architects. Occupied in December 1948 by business, administrative, and public service departments, the building was designated as the Administrative Building. Exterior features Marshall Frederick's sculpture. In 1967, upon completion of the Fleming Administration Building, this building became the LS&A Building. Person in image.