Image creator Shaw was General Secretary of the Alumni Association, 1904-1029 and Director of the Bureau of Alumni relations, 1929 -1950. He edited and illustrated the Michigan Alumnus and Michigan Alumnus Quarterly Review.
UBImusD13. Folder: Library (built 1883). Views from north. no. 221
Ware and Van Brunt, architect. An addition was built to the south in 1898. The 1883 portion was torn down in 1918. In the foreground of this image are four men standing beside construction debris. The man on the left is probably library director William Warner Bishop.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.