Subfloor completed on first level. Some steel girders are up. No. 9 of chronological series of construction photographs, numbered 1 to 32. Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, architects. W.B. Wood Co., construction
Members of University of Michigan Department of Anthropology and their spouses
Leslie A. White Papers
White, Leslie A., 1900-1975.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
on reverse: Party at 819 Avon Road for Mrs. Burd who was leaving her position as Sec'y Dept. of Anthropology after many years. Standing L-R 1. Estelle Titier 2. Mischa Titier 3. Lila Burns 4. Joan Meggitt 5. Mrs. Yengoyan 6. Katya Wolf 7. Agnes Miner 8. Ruby Griffin 9. Leslie White 10. Ellen Burd 11. Meggit 12. Norma Diamond 13. Stevie Service 14. Joyce Jones 15. Horace Miner 16. Mac Spuhler 17. [blank] 18. [blank] 19. Eloise Kerlin 20. J. N. Spuhler 22. Marjorie Goldschmidt 22. Aram Yengoyan 23. Ernst Goldschmidt; Seated L-R James B. Griffin, Frank Livingstone, Volney H. Jones, Robert Burns, Eric Wolf, Reclining: Elman R. Service
Pond & Pond Architects. The building was constructed in 1932 and designed as headquarters for compiling and printed three student publications -- The Michigan Daily, the Michigan Ensian, and the Gargoyle.
Albert Kahn, architect. University Hospital, also called Old Main Hospital; had many additions; demolished 1989. On verso: North/south view of Univ. Hospital (circa 1933) after addition of floors 7 and 8 to main building -- before start of construction of new NPI (completed in 1938). Gift of Mr. Sam Sturgis, 1972 (original made with 8 x 10 camera)
Albert Kahn, architect. University Hospital, also called Old Main Hospital; had many additions; demolished 1989. North / south view of hospital. Simpson Memorial Institute under construction to south (left) of hospital. Image is mounted on linen.