UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; Interiors. Auditorium and Frieze Memorial Organ. no. 306
Jenison, Edward S., architect. University Hall was built in 1872; the auditorium completed in 1873. Prior to this time there was no place on campus where students and faculty could assemble. New opera seats were put in during Christmas 1896 at the same time the new dome was installed.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
Folder / Container / Volume
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
A duplicate print of this image is located in Bentley Historical Library record group, Box 10, folder: Daybook, Image #30. Note on back of duplicate print states that "Original image was a slide acquired from Roger Sutton of UM News & Information Services."
on paper included with image: Staff at Kom Aushim. The place of Mr. Chubb, who was away at the time, is taken by Mr. Kelsey; the photograph was made on Christmas day of 1926. The view of the Mound in the background is from a point on the south side of the Camp House, looking southeast. Names of the staff, from right to left: Director Peterson, Allen, De Prorok, [Francis W. Kelsey], Mrs. Allen, Falconer, Valeri, Colt, Swain