York and Sawyer, architects. Given to the university by William W. Cook, the four buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; the Legal Research Building, 1931, and Hutchins Hall, 1933. The Legal Research Building includes the original library.
Jenison, Edward S., architect. University Hall was built in 1872; the auditorium completed in 1873. Prior to this time there was no place on campus where students and faculty could assemble. New opera seats were put in during Christmas 1896 at the same time the new dome was installed.
Instructor in histology, probably Carl Huber, and students using the microscopes purchased by [Charles] Stowell. Histology was variously associated with pathology, physiology, and anatomy. (source: Not Just Any Medical School by Horace W. Davenport).
Jenison, Edward S., architect. Typed and attached to verso: North Wing or Mason Hall, part of which is visible at the left, wasthe first university building, erected in 1841. South Wing or South College, at the right, was built in 1849. The central section was completed in 1873. University Hall contained offices of administration, a large auditorium, and classrooms. It was razed in 1951.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Nancrede operating in the 1890s. Cyrenus Darling is the large man facing Nancrede. (source: University of Michigan Surgeons 1850-1970: Who They Were and What They Did by Horace W. Davenport. On verso: Dr. C. B. G. de Nancrede operating?