Originally West Professor's house on North University. Became Homeopathic Hospital. Wing added in rear of building in 1879. School of Dentistry 1875-1877. Psychological Lab 1903-1914. Building razed in 1914. On verso: West Professor's House on North Univ.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Romance Languages Building, views from the west. no. 275
Photographer / Artist
William Adams Lewis, 1872-1942?
State Street side of building (front). Tappan Hall on right. Old Library in rear. William L. Jenney, architect. Originally University Museum, built 1880-1881. Roof replaced 1894. Museum moved in 1928. Housed Department of Romance Languages after 1928. Building razed in 1958. On verso: W.A. Lewis 6/15 1897 [Lewis was a student at UM in the late 1890's]
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Built in 1856. First chemical laboratory at a state university. Building served medical students and others as both laboratory and classroom. Situated just west and south of the original medical building. Additions made to the one-story building in 1861, 1866, 1868, 1874. In 1880 a two-story addition was added with subsequent additions in 1889 and 1901. Became Economics Building in 1908. On verso: M.U. Information Services. Econ 3. April 1952.