As a result of an active campaign for funds by the Women's League, this property was purchased in 1926 as a residence for women. Former home of Judge Harriman. In 1944 the name of the residence was changed to Mary Markley House. In 1950 the house, found to be in poor condition, was closed. The name Mary Markley was used for another residence hall built in 1954 on a different site.
Alumnae House (University of Michigan)
Mary Markley House (University of Michigan)
University of Michigan--Buildings
University of Michigan--Student housing--1921-1930