On verso: Swain copy (1925) of earlier photograph, undated. Left center: foreground, Homeopathic Hospital (now site of Natural Science); rear, Old Library. Right: University Hall (rear); Haven Hall. Center: Old boiler house
On verso: Alice Lloyd - later Dean of Women, had leading man's part. Catherine Reighard - other male lead - was Pres. of the Women's League. Dorothy Roehm - leading female role, was the 1915 class Sec'y. Nona Fogerty - pirate with black eye patch - AA girl - later of Fogerty Hat Shop, Liberty St. Abigail Shay Bassett - AA, an active and loyal alumnae, who donated this picture (A.B. '15, A.B.L.S. '28). Prof. Kenyon was the play producer and director. No men were ever allowed to see these plays!
York and Sawyer, architects. Given to the university by William W. Cook, the four buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; the Legal Research Building, 1931, and Hutchins Hall, 1933. The Legal Research Building includes the original library. From southeast showing Legal Research and Cook Dormitory.
Ware and Van Brunt, architect. Built in 1883. An addition was built to the south in 1898. The 1883 portion was torn down in 1918. Signature on verso: W.A. Lewis [Lewis was a student at UM in the late 1890's]