Professors' Houses. North University Ave. East Residence
University of Michigan photographs vertical file
Built 1840. Professors' Houses (East Residence) 1840-1868. University Hospital 1868-1891. Additions in 1877 and after in the form of two parallel wings built out from back of house and several additions onto them. Dental College 1891-1908. Building removed 1908. Replaced by new Chemistry Building 1910On verso in two hands: (1) Looking at 2 prof. houses at this time both converted into a) Univ. Hosp. & b) Homeo. [Homeopathic] School (2) R.C. Smith.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image.