John Scott, architect. There is a discrepancy in building date. Sources cite both 1902 and 1896. Sarach Caswell Angell was the wife of James B. Angell. Barbour Gymnasium (for women) was attached to the north side of the Waterman Gymnasium.
John Scott, architect. There is a discrepancy in building date. Sources cite both 1902 and 1896. "Among the gifts [for the women's gymnasium] was a transfer of $711 from the Mary J. Porter Fund, one of the first alumnae contributions to the university." (source: University of Michigan: an Encyclopedic Survey) Barbour Gymnasium (for women) was attached to the north side of the Waterman Gymnasium.
Mason & Kahn, architect. 1906-1939: Part of Catherine St. Hospitals. Built as and run as Psychopathic Hospital. 1939-1944: Known as "East Hospital." 1944-1965: Known as Beal Residence. Torn down 1965. On verso: Now Beal Residence (1961)
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. no. 146
Photographer / Artist
Albert Kahn, architect. Built 1936. On verso: The 10-story Burton Memorial Tower has been a landmark on the University of Michigan Ann Arbor campus since the tower's 1936 dedication ... The largest bell in the carillon, "Big Baird," weighs 12 tons and sounds E-flat below middle C at the stroke of its 350-pound clapper. The smallest bell weighs four pounds and sounds A-sharp, four and one-half octaves higher. University of Michigan News and Information Services, 412 Maynard, Ann Arbor, MI. 48109-1399. Negative #5546. Frame 17
Albert Kahn, architect. Building completed 1924. Named James Burrill Angell Hall. Sometimes called Literary College. Interior ceiling decorations: Di Lorenzo Studios, N.Y. On verso: G.R. Swain, 713 East University Ave., Ann Arbor, Mich.