As a result of an active campaign for funds by the Women's League, this property was purchased in 1926 as a residence for women. Former home of Judge Harriman. In 1944 the name of the residence was changed to Mary Markley House. In 1950 the house, found to be in poor condition, was closed. The name Mary Markley was used for another residence hall built in 1954 on a different site.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image.