Pond & Pond Architects. The building was constructed in 1932 and designed as headquarters for compiling and printed three student publications -- The Michigan Daily, the Michigan Ensian, and the Gargoyle.
Albert Kahn, architect. University Hospital, also called Old Main Hospital; had many additions; demolished 1989. On verso: North/south view of Univ. Hospital (circa 1933) after addition of floors 7 and 8 to main building -- before start of construction of new NPI (completed in 1938). Gift of Mr. Sam Sturgis, 1972 (original made with 8 x 10 camera)
Albert Kahn, architect. University Hospital, also called Old Main Hospital; had many additions; demolished 1989. North / south view of hospital. Simpson Memorial Institute under construction to south (left) of hospital. Image is mounted on linen.
President's House. University of Michigan [From an etching]
Wilfred B. Shaw Papers
Shaw, Wilfred B., 1880-1959.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Image creator Shaw was General Secretary of the Alumni Association, 1904-1029 and Director of the Bureau of Alumni relations, 1929 -1950. He edited and illustrated the Michigan Alumnus and Michigan Alumnus Quarterly Review.
Built in 1927 for Elizabeth and James Inglis, "The Highlands," as they called it, was given to the university in 1950 by Elizabeth H. Inglis. The estate at 2301 Highland Rd. comprises 8 1/2 acres and includes a caretaker's cottage and greenhouse. For many years, the university used the house for official visitors. This image: river side, north. People in image.
York and Sawyer, architect. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women in 1915, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City. On verso: Taken Oct. 1942; 41 mm. Kodachrome; from office of Prof. Bennett through the window by Myrtle White Godwin; 3100 E. First St.; Long Beach, Calif.