- Hauling hay (and lumber?) over ice to Mackinaw City (in distance)
- 1860/1950 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- S. Alicia Poole papers
- Collection Creator
- Poole, S. Alicia.
- information from news article included with photo: Picture taken day after horses and men experienced a difficult transport of hay and lumber to Mackinaw City from Mackinac Island, breaking through the ice 18 times. The loads were left near the trouble spots while the horses were transported to safety.
- Mackinac Island (Mich.)
- Mackinaw City (Mich.)
- Mackinac County (Mich.)
- Mackinac, Straits of (Mich.)
- Winter--Michigan--Mackinac Island
- Ice crossings--Michigan--Mackinac Island
- Sleds & sleighs--American--Michigan--Mackinac Island
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:34:25
25241 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio