- McMath-Hulbert Observatory
- 1941/1960 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Observatory is near Lake Angelus, Mich. (five miles north of Pontiac). 24" reflecting telescope began operations in July 1930; also included a 10 1/2" reflector. Established and deeded to the university by Robert R. McMath, Francis McMath, and Judge Henry S. Hulbert. An additional 50' tower telescope was added in 1935/ 1946 and 70' tower telescope and office building added in 1940.
- McMath-Hulbert Observatory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Lake Angelus (Mich.)
- Astronomical observatories--Michigan--Lake Angelus
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:04
25243 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact Bentley Historical Library for further information.
- Add to Portfolio