- Catherine Street Hospital
- 1925 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- The eastern-most of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. The western housed the Homeopathic Hospital from 1891-1900. This building housed the Allopathic Hospital (called Uiversity Hospital) from 1891-1900. (The Homeopathic Hospital had a straight north facade; this building a rounded north facade). From 1900-1925 it housed the Surgical Ward; 1925-1944 the East Convalescent Ward; 1944-1950, the Rapid Treatment Center; 1950-1965, the Institute for Social Research. It was removed in 1965. Large buildings east to west: Psychopathic Hospital; Surgical Ward; Medical Ward. On verso: Gift of Sam Sturgis, Jan. 1972 ...
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- University of Michigan. University Hospital
- University of Michigan. Institute for Social Research.
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Automobiles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial views; Aerial views;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 1/2 x 3 3/4 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:49
25243 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact Bentley Historical Library for further information.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- George Dock items: 6, owner: cshannon