- Haven Hall [Law Department]
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Photographer / Artist
- George R. Swain (Ann Arbor, MI)
- An 1898 addition completely altered the exterior (Spier & Rohns). The tower was removed and a new south wing added. Regents met in south wing until 1933. When Law moved to Hutchins Hall in 1933, building was renamed Haven Hall in honor of Erastus O. Haven, president 1863-1869. Haven Hall became an LS&A building until it was destroyed by fire June 6, 1950. On verso: Photo by George Swain. Note in photographer's log: One porch of Law Dept.
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Haven Hall (University of Michigan : 1863-1950)
- Law Building (University of Michigan)
- Doors & doorways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Columns--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:28:39
25243 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact Bentley Historical Library for further information.
- Add to Portfolio