- Michigan Union stairway
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan photographs vertical file
- Photographer / Artist
- Swain, George Robert, 1866-1947
- Irving Kane and Allen B. Pond, architects. Plans for the Union were on a scale unknown at the time for "club houses" in American colleges and universities: 250 feet long and 200 feet wide. Construction began in 1916 and owing to war time difficulties was not ready to be used by students until 1919. Two new wings to the south were completed in 1936 and 1938. Swain's index to this image reads "'Screen' and stairway."
- This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 b&w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:37
6343 images/descriptions are openly available.