- Michigan Union addition, 1936-1937
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Irving Kane and Allen B. Pond, architects. Plans for the Union were on a scale unknown at the time for "club houses" in American colleges and universities: 250 feet long and 200 feet wide. Construction began in 1916 and owing to war time difficulties was not ready to be used by students until 1919. Two new wings to the south were completed in 1936 and 1938. The first wing runs parallel to the main structure while the other fronts on Madison Street. View of the construction site from the southwest.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Progress photographs;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 3/4 x 7 3/4 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:27
25733 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. For further information contact Bentley Historical Library at email@example.com.
- Add to Portfolio