- West Quadrangle courtyard
- 1950 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Located behind the Michigan Union bordering on Madison and Thompson Sts. The first unit was the Allen-Rumsey House (in commemoration of John Allen and Elisha Rumsey), constructed in 1937, and designed by Lane, Davenport & Meyer to coordinate with the addition to the Union, also being constructed in 1937. West Quadrangle was added in 1939, contained seven "houses," and is connected to the Union. Upon completion in 1939, the Allen-Rumsey unit became a part of West Quad. Person in doorway.
- West Quadrangle (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Walkways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:28:18
25243 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact Bentley Historical Library for further information.
- Add to Portfolio