- Waterman Gym
- 1894 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Waterman Gymnasium, construction and interiors. no. 316
- E.W. Arnold, architect. Built 1894. Funded by a challenge grant of $20,000.00 by Joshua W. Waterman of Detroit with contributions from others, including students, and funding from the Regents. Addition completed in 1916. Demolished in 1977 to make room for the expansion of the adjacent Chemistry Building. View from the east with University Hall in background. On verso: S.E. Roberts. Circular tear on right side of image.
- Waterman Gymnasium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- University Hall (University of Michigan)
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 7 1/2 x 4 1/2 mounted b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:27:45
27319 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio