- University Memorial Hall interior -- Frieze Memorial Organ
- 1894 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan photographs vertical file
- Jenison, Edward S., architect. Originally kinown as "The Great Columbian Exposition Organ," built by Farrand & Votey Organ Co. In 1894, the University Musical Society bought the organ. (It had been at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893.) The organ was transported to Ann Arbor and rebuilt in the old University Hall; formally dedicated in December 1894; in place at the second annual May festival in 1895. Named after Henry S. Frieze, music patron and acting president in the late 1800s. Moved to Hill Auditorium when it was built in 1913. Received extensive repairs in 1928.
- This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image.
- University Hall (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Stages (Platforms)
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 4 sepia tone photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:27:20
6343 images/descriptions are openly available.